These are the best pumpkin cookies I have ever had! They are soft and delightful. I made them last year for Thanksgiving and my dad literally put some in his pocket to sneak home and my aunt who used to have her own catering business, LOVED them!
Ingredients for Thanksgiving Pumpkin Cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost Glaze over cookies.
GLAZE for Pumpkin Cookies:
COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.